Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New to RePlayGround

Hi everyone!

My name is Alison and I'm new to the design team here at RePlayGround. I have a background in fine art and interior design, and am now working towards a Masters degree in Industrial Design at Pratt Institute.

Sustainability is one of my main criteria for a smart, influential design. And I'm fascinated by products that successfully re-purpose and reuse materials that otherwise would be discarded as waste. When the source material is discovered, whether it is revealed quickly or upon closer inspection, it adds another level of interest to the final product.

I'm looking forward to working with the amazing eco-designers at RePlayGround this summer as we develop new and exciting ways to turn garbage into functional, lovable objects that you'll never want to throw away!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Can't wait to see more wonderful projects!